Privacy & Security Notice
- SD-SLEP is provided as a public service by the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense-Public Affairs.
- Information presented on SD-SLEP or JCOC is considered public information and may be distributed or copied unless otherwise specified. Use of appropriate byline/photo/image credits is requested.
- Privacy Act Statement (in accordance with the Privacy Act of 1974) - If you choose to provide us with personal information ? like filling out a Contact Us form with e-mail and/or postal addresses ? we only use that information to respond to your message or request. We will only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law. We never create individual profiles or give it to any private organizations. JCOC never collects information for commercial marketing.
- For site management, information is collected for statistical purposes. This government computer system uses software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
- For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
- Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with National Archive and Records Administration guidelines.
- Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act.
- If you have any questions or comments about the information presented here, please forward them to us using the SD-SLEP Contact Us page.
- Cookie Disclaimer - SD-SLEP does not use persistent cookies (persistent tokens that pass information back and forth from the client machine to the server). SD-SLEP may use session cookies (tokens that remain active only until you close your browser) in order to make the site easier to use. The Department of Defense DOES NOT keep a database of information obtained from these cookies.